Almond is a stone fruit and has extensive health benefits. Almonds are available throughout the year and are popular worldwide. They are a nutritious snack option that one can add to the daily diet. They contain plenty of minerals and are healthiest of tree nuts.
Consuming one ounce or approximately 23 almonds daily enriches the diet with minerals and other essential nutrients.
Almond nutrition is not just limited to proteins and fibre; they are a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium along with riboflavin and niacin. Naturally, the sugar content in the almonds is low.
This one ounce serving of almonds provides 13 grams of healthy unsaturated fats and 1 gram of saturated fat. 160 calories are present in the 23 almonds serving.
Almond benefits are many and hence they are proactively added in the diet by many people. Apart from having a great taste, almonds have several medicinal values. These wonder nuts have proven benefits when added to the diet.
1. Healthy Heart: Almonds are an excellent source of magnesium, which is important in preventing strokes and hypertension.
The mono-unsaturated fatty acids are healthy fats that promote a healthy heart. Potassium content in them is an important electrolyte needed for nerve transmission and contraction of heart muscles. Daily consumption of these wonder nuts helps in maintaining blood pressure and prevents atherosclerosis. Antioxidants along with vitamin E help in improving the health of arteries and in the reduction of inflammation.
2. Healthy Brain: Since ages, it is a popular fact that almonds provide crucial nutrients to the brain and is considered to be the best food for the brain.
Riboflavin and L-carnitine content in the almonds effectively increases neurological activity. They increase intelligence and longevity too.
3. Promotes Skin Health: Vitamin E content and antioxidants present in the almonds promote a healthy and nourished skin.
The antioxidants in the almonds help to fight skin cancer. The nutrients aid in reducing signs of ageing.
4. Aids in Diabetes: The mono-unsaturated fatty acids provided by almonds assists in slowing down of the release of glucose into the bloodstream.
5. Promotes Weight Loss: Almonds are a rich source of dietary fibres and healthy fats which help in weight loss.
The fibre content prolongs the feeling of fullness in the stomach, thus helps in avoiding extra intake of calories. They lower bad cholesterol and promote weight loss.
6. Strong Bones and Teeth: The phosphorous content in the almonds helps in building and maintain strong bones and teeth.
7. Strengthens Immune System: The alkaline materials provided by the almonds help in maintaining the alkaline system of the body.
Vitamin E present in these nutritious nuts helps to eliminate the damaging-causing free radicals present in the body. The linoleic and linolenic acids present in the almonds help reduce the inflammation.
8. Improves Digestive Health: The high fibre content in the almonds helps prevent constipation and boosts digestive health.
The health benefits of almonds are many, making these nuts the wonder nuts which are high in their nutrient punch. Add high quality and standard organic almonds in the diet purchased from organic producers and suppliers.