Here are 15 questions to ask a grant professional you are considering for a job:
1) What is your grant writing success rate? The best way to determine a success rate is to divide the number of approved grants by the number of submissions.
2) What are some examples of grants you have received?
3) How much money have you received in grants?
4) What is your primary area of grant writing expertise?
5) What is the main type of funders you have approached? For example, have you mainly approached private corporations and foundations or public government agencies on a federal, state or local level?
6) What has been the main focus of your grants… like education, health, human services, arts and culture, environment?
7) What types of expenses have you gotten funding for… like seed money, curriculum development, and travel?
8) What experience do you have in the area … Read More