I know that when you are studying obesity facts, it’s quite shocking all by itself. However, you must remember that knowledge with action really is power. You are getting ready to learn some information that can actually save your life or your love one’s, if you take what you are about to learn seriously. Once you know the signs to look for, you can begin working on a solution.
- Whenever you hear someone talk about hypertension, you automatically think about an adult being diagnosed with it. Well, I have some interesting news for you. This could not be farther from truth. Hypertension is definitely one of the risks of obesity in children as well.
- Here’s another shocker for you. Did you not know that when your child is overweight, it greatly increases the chances of them being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes? As a matter of fact, there are a lot of these children already in pre-diabetes status.
- How’s your child diet on a daily basis? Because even though a poor diet is not the only cause of this problem. It is certainly one of the major contributing factors. You know the old saying, you are what you eat. Well, I can’t think of a better phrase to use when it comes to what you allow your kids to put into their bodies. Please monitor their diets!
- How does your child feel about themselves? I’m sure you maybe wondering why I’m asking this question. Well, it is important to know that if your child is having some peer pressure problems or not feeling good about themself. This could lead to overeating. They will sometimes use food to comfort themselves.
- Yes, genetics and hormones do play a role to your children’s weight. But don’t think for once that it’s the only thing that leads to an obese child. There are many obesity effects that we can look at. But you must know all the facts if you want to solve the problem.
- Does your child complain about joint issues? This is very common in children that has to carry around a lot of extra weight. Some common problem areas are the lower back and knees. It’s really not fair for kids to have to deal with this!
- Strokes and Heart Attacks, are some more common crippling diseases that these poor children have to sometimes deal with. It’s really heartbreaking to think about any child having issues such as these.
- How often are you feeding your child fast food? The definition of obesity is simply eating to much of the wrong type of food. Just prepare meals more!
- Have you had your child’s cholesterol level checked lately? Because this is another issue that will go up very high when your child weight is not under control.
- How well does your child sleep? Many times when they are overweight they have trouble breathing, which actually will sometimes cause them to stop breathing momentarily. This is another one of those obesity health risks that’s not to be taken lightly.
Hopefully, these facts will help you to better monitor your children’s weight situation. A child at a time, this issue can be brought under control. All it takes is some parents that really love their children and don’t mind taking a little time and doing what it takes.