Theodore Clemens Esser, president of the T.C. Esser Company, was engaged in the manufacture and distribution of paint in Milwaukee for more than half a century. The firm also handled all kinds of glass, including stained glass for churches, and did vitrolite and metal store front construction work. His father had come from Germany in young manhood and settled on a farm in Wisconsin, but he always suffered from ill health and left the farm to establish his home in Aurora, where Theodore Clemens Esser was born February 14, 1871. The family numbered eight children, and because of the father’s inability to work much of the time it was necessary that Theodore C. and some of the other children should early provide for their own support. Educational opportunities were necessarily limited and when but twelve years of age Theodore C. Esser had to put aside his textbooks. He sought and obtained a position in a paint shop, where he was paid a wage of fifty cents per day, but he there gained his initial knowledge of the business in which he was destined to progress to the point of notable success. After a year he entered the employ of the W. S. Frazier Road Cart Company of Aurora, large

Taken from Who is Log

See Wikipedia

Posted by Just Add Light on 2014-12-12 22:26:49

Tagged: , archive , esser , tc , milwaukee , abandoned , urbes , urban , ex , wisconsin , decayed , razed , gone , immigrant , paint , paint company , moss , growing , sun , manufacturing , indstrial , revoltion , 1894 , Theodore C Esser , varnish , glass , plate glass , baronowski , mke , founders , WWWTCESSER

Archives

Categories